Changing Places at The Bentall Centre
As part of the redevelopment within the centre, we have installed a new Changing Place facility on the Second Floor. The Changing Places provides an environment which is suited for those with complex disabilities.
The national campaign proposes that over 250,000 people in the UK do not have access to public hygiene facilities that meet their needs. A Changing Places facility has more space and different equipment when compared to an accessible toilet.
The Bentall Centre Changing Places has a floor area of 8m² and is equipped with the following products:
- Ceiling mounted hoist on a XY track system. Safe working load (SWL) : 205kg. Loop sling connection only
- Electrically height adjustable changing bench with safety side rail. SWL 200kg
- Electrically height adjustable wash basin with thermostatic tap
- Peninsular WC, with hinged and fixed support rails each side
- Paper roll dispenser (for changing bench)
- Wall mounted privacy screen
- Coat hooks
- Button operated hand dryer
- Installed by specialist contractor, Wealden Rehab