At The Bentall Centre we take sustainability very seriously, in particular the impact our decisions have on the environment. We make every effort to minimise the physical effects we may have on our surroundings and local community. We share these views with our customers, stakeholders and local community so that we all understand the importance of sustainability issues.
At Aviva Investors we believe that responsible investment requires a detailed understanding of sustainability. As a major international real-estate asset manager, we work with our partners and advisors to ensure the real-estate industry plays a leading role in addressing the world’s sustainability challenges. At Aviva Investors real estate we believe that through a major commitment to sustainability we will continue to deliver our clients’ investment objectives.
HOW DO WE MANAGE OUR BUILDING IN A SUSTAINABLE WAY?
- We have an energy management strategy which constantly looks at ways to conserve energy, especially through advanced technology
- All of our incoming utility supplies are metered. All meters are read each week in order to address any anomalies in consumption
- We have replaced our convection boilers with condenser boilers, providing 30% more efficiency
- Lighting and heating are used only when required
- Motion-sensitive lighting ensures that, back of house and in car parks A and B, lights switch on only when they’re needed
- Escalators and lifts are monitored for energy efficiency
- Environmentally-sensitive products are used by our cleaning teams throughout the centre
- Waste paper and printer/photocopier cartridges are recycled
- New construction projects are always planned with sustainability in mind
- Whenever possible, marketing material is printed on environmentally sustainable paper
EXAMPLES OF HOW WE ENGAGE AND COLLABORATE WITH THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
- We work with Kingston First, the business improvement district for Kingston upon Thames
- The Centre Director and other managers regularly attend town centre committees
- We work closely with local charities, helping them promote themselves and collect donations
- We provide performance space for local arts groups, musicians and choirs
- We support local community projects, helping them with promotion and marketing
- During school holidays we provide free family entertainment in areas such as arts and crafts
- We provide facilities in Car Park B and Seven Kings for members of the public to charge their electric road vehicles
- During the Clarence Street project, unwanted building materials were recycled and used for projects with Kingston University Architecture Department
WHAT ARE OUR FUTURE PLANS
- Further installation of low-energy lighting
- Recycling of all plastics
- Further development of our green travel plan
- Research into the logistics of rain-water harvesting
Please consider the environment before printing this information.